Looking for information on an historical event? Biographical information on an individual? I can help.
I can provide primary source research for any number of projects, from background research for books, films, and other creative projects, to providing content for websites, organizations, fundraising campaigns, museums, and digital platforms.
I draw from a number of databases, primary research sites, local libraries and archives to conduct thorough and comprehensive research. I deliver to clients written research overviews, answers to specific questions, crafted narratives, and also tiffs, jpgs, and/or pdf copies of the original sources, from newspaper articles, photographs, maps, passport applications, military service records, correspondence, and more.
Research services are available for a broad range of projects.
- Research the history of an organization, community, event, or an individual.
- Research within a particular collection, as well as both primary and secondary research in libraries, archives, genealogical databases, et al.
- Research into collections of photographs and images, including finding and clearing images for use in a publication.
Through conducting a research project, we can deliver a variety of products, including:
- Histories of various lengths (essay, book, website, etc.)
- A searchable database of events that occurred throughout your organization’s history.
- Timelines for a release of historical materials or information through social networking platforms.
- A list of grant opportunities that will aid in the preservation, use, and promotion of your collection.
- Slideshows to mark specific events, to raise funds, or to promote your organization.
For more information or to set up a phone or in-person consultation, please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org